Don’t get me wrong. I love Christmas. I wish I could have a Christmas tree decorated in my living room, the whole year long. But now, after the “war” of over-consuming, over-eating, drinking too much, lack of sleep and general indulgence, is over, something feels wrong. We are exhausted by too much glamour and synthetic happiness.
Even if your holidays were really meaningful (congratulations, this is rare), some tips to find yourself again and get back to ordinary life in a good mood are always appreciated:
- Read all the cards you have received during holidays and answer back to ALL your friends with a very short sweet e-mail (for God’s sake, don’t just write one and send it to the whole list, write a different one for each friend of yours!)
- Have fun by doing relaxing things. Read a new book, buy a new cd with lounge music, go to the theater or to the ballet. It’s better to refrain from bars and clubs for a while.
- Stop watching Greek TV. (And not only after Christmas.) Not only the Christmas is over, but also you will have to bear all this misery and bad taste. Please protect your self. Switch it off forever!
- You had too much champagne, try to remember what fruit juice, or tea, or water tastes like! If your skin looks a little dehydrated, now you know why.
- No more fats and sugar for a few days. Please eat healthier and go for a walk, because in 6 months you will need to buy a new bikini!
- Read your horoscope for the New Year, especially if you’re a Sag, or an Aries. It will lift your spirit up. Trust me!
- Make your plans for 2007 or even 2008. It’s so exciting!
- Dream about your next summer holidays and start planning them with your friends.